Starcrossed

James Spader plays an auto-mechanic who has to help a gorgeous alien escape earth and lead a rebellion on her homeworld, which has apparently been taken as slaves for a race of black-leather-clad male models.Her race has outgrown both sex and freedom, which are apparently idiologically linked as somehow costly.

 

The special effects were inexpensive, and the ending ambiguous. The acting was odd. . . not Kristen Stewart bad, necessarily, but very odd. Also very odd were the biblical allusions/references. He quotes Genesis, and she talks about heaven (is Heaven actually described in the Bible?).

 

It's a really obscure, mftv thing, though, so I doubt whether I shall spare the time to figure it out. I gave it 3/5 stars, for strangeness, but on a recommendation scale of 1-10, I think I'll stick to three.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brigham City

Chicago

X-Men Origins: Wolverine