Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Full Screen Edition) (Harry Potter 1) I recently began re-watching the Harry Potter films to so I could finally catch up. I'm afraid I have only seen up through film number four. My little brothers convinced me I was missing out, although I distinctly remember the books being agonizing.

I found the first film noticeably well-done for a children's film. Although the acting made me cringe several times (I had already known Daniel Radcliffe to be a terrible child-actor, after having seen him in David Copperfield), it didn't really spoil the movie, as the adult acting and the special effects really were a thoroughly amusing ride.

I think conceptually, this first film is the most amazing for the wonder it produces as a distressed young boy learns that he is special. Although I still have moral issues with creating any kind of idealistic fantasy in which children are not born equal (see "Percy Jackson"), I got over it for this movie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brigham City

Chicago

X-Men Origins: Wolverine