New In Town

New In Town (Widescreen Edition) This movie sucked all the joy out of my television and excreted it onto the purple, industrial carpet.
I got a little nostalgic for Christmas, but although this movie mentions Jesus a couple of times, it doesn't have any overtly Christian themes, just cultural observations.
The city vs. town dichotomy stood out well in the film, but didn't resolve my nagging hatred of over-pilatied, city cats in stiletto heels. She may have won the company, but that character didn't win the audience.

I think my personal life brought way too much to this movie, and I can't seem to rise above it to a pure critique. I don't really think this movie is worth the effort, either. Although the director obviously knew what he was doing, and the fine line he trod, the end result simply lacked significance. It had that deplorable "Hallmark" MFTM feel.

I don't know whether to rant about the movie or the world itself, which sends a pretty unsubtle hint that I should just shut up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in Austen

The Fountain

Salt