Knight and Day

Knight and Day (Single-Disc Edition) I understand that "Roy" was birth-named Matthew Knight. It made sense. But Day? I have no idea where that comes from. Perhaps I simply wasn't paying enough attention, which is likely enough, because within just a few moments I knew this wasn't exactly a thinker.

This summer movie is just plain silly. Silly, silly, silly. I couldn't take it seriously for a moment. Although I enjoyed a few things, the stunts were all way over the top, the acting was good enough without being deep, and the plot itself moved quickly and relatively logically, the piece as a whole simply didn't have the capacity to hold anything more than the shallowest of entertainment.

For what it was, it was well-done, but I can't help wishing it were at least one thing of the many things it wasn't.

Comments

  1. The day didn't come from anything, at least as far as I know and I watched it twice. I liked it but I went in knowing that it wasn't going to be 'deep' or 'intense'. It was fun and silly without being ridiculous. And I felt that Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz were excellent in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun, but sometimes fun just leaves me feeling empty. This film was one of those times. I wouldn't watch it again for less than fifty bucks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in Austen

The Fountain

The Other Guys