Who Am I This Time

Who Am I This Time? This obviously low-budget adaptation of a Kurt Vonnegut story actually rings a bell with me. I remember seeing it when I was younger, and thinking how unsatisfying I found the ending, but now I think I have grown into an ability to interpret contemporary film (ha ha ha). I get it. I like it. I leave the piece with a huge glow, and a feeling of contentment.

Unfortunately, I've read about too many method actors who simply can't find anyone to put up with their off-screen shenanigans indefinitely. It's great when you can feed your husband community theater for the rest of your life, but what happens when a big producer hires him to play a serial killer, or an abuser? It sounds a little too wild for me, although for the right guy I imagine you could put up with a lot. Or if you're the right woman, perhaps.

Anyway, it's less than an hour long, and it's great to watch and recognize the lines especially if you've ever worked in drama or a theater (or literature). Oh, and Christopher Walken gets an affectionate nod. Both he and Susan Sarandon won me over completely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in Austen

The Fountain

The Other Guys