Knights of Bloodsteel

Knights of Bloodsteel I think I chose this movie because I like Christopher Lloyd. It was a bad decision. Although I can sincerely give this film an "A" for effort, that's only about ten percent of its overall grade, which puts this made-for-tv crap-fest squarely in failure range.

Let's start with the acting. Terrible. Most of these guys need to go back to school. The others were pulled from a pool of extras and no matter how much training they have, could never possibly be more than blips on my screen. The makeup and costuming lacked imagination AND realism, and that's a challenge. The tragically deplorable accents probably stemmed from the bad writing. The characterizations were all based on decades-outdated stereotypes. The theory upon which the story is based felt meaningless. As a McGuffin, bloodsteel fails. The audience (me) simply can't bring itself to give a flying fig.

Somebody somewhere MUST live up to Lord of the Rings and make a decent Sword and Sorcery fantasy film. I'll throw a party when they do. This wasn't even close.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicago

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Brigham City