Love Story 2050

Love Story 2050 (Hindi Film / Bollywood Movie / Indian Cinema DVD) The dancing in this movie makes me giggle, but it doesn't at all match the music. I don't understand the language, so I spent a lot of time staring at subtitles, but I think this movie had a lot going for it.

If you can get past the acting, and the badly-balanced plot, the story seems really sweet, and comes to a satisfactory conclusion.

If you can't get past the acting, I can see why. It's a little stale, and all the style of flirting seems to be a cultural  quirk that I simply don't have a taste for. The plot spends much too much time on the initial love story, throwing token interference for the first half at least before any real conflict arises. It's a different rhythm than American films, which like to jump directly into a single, insurmountable obstacle which, in the end, turns out to be nothing. Depending on how it's done, that American plot can be a lot more satisfying, or a lot less.

Still, the film is really cute, if shallow. The cast seem to be having a lot of fun, and the characters make me smile, in their own, caricaturish way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brigham City

Chicago

X-Men Origins: Wolverine